Re: [Denemo-devel] Newbie getting MIDI K/B to work with ALSA and qjackct

From: Edgar Aichinger
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Newbie getting MIDI K/B to work with ALSA and qjackctl
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 12:34:47 +0100

Am Dienstag, 21. Januar 2014, 16:50:12 schrieb Éloi Rivard:

> > I'm not sure if one can assume for all platforms and distros that
> > libporttime is gone and the stuff from porttime.h is handled by
> > libportmidi.so. If so, I think -lporttime should vanish from the linker
> > command, otherwise the configure.ac macro should be refined to not only
> > check for the header, but find out how to construct the correct linker
> > command.
> >
> That's one of autotools goals. Those
> lines<https://github.com/denemo/denemo/blob/master/configure.ac#L298>try
> to find if gcc can link against libportmidi and libporttime, and
> update
> LDFLAGS so denemo dynamically compiles against which one are presents. You
> need to run ./autogen.sh if you did not run it since it has been pushed
> (~December 15th)

I'm building released tarballs only, and don't want to switch to using random
git revisions TBH, so currently i'm at version 1.1.0, which is probably older
than your commit, and shouldn't involve running autogen.sh, i think...

> If you can precisely tell me how to work on your very environment, I can
> try to look.

https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=home%3Aedogawa is where my OBS
"home project"  (their terminology for a private 3rd party package collection)
resides.

basically you need a novell account, and can then either apply for becoming a
co-worker in my project, or create your own project, branch packages or whole
(sub)projects from my or any other project on OBS, modify them, create target
repositories (different distros/distro versions) and request for submitting
your changes back to where you branched from. All this can be done either via
web interface or locally on your machine in a chrooted environment, via a
commandline client called osc, that works in a similar way to git, with
subcommands for checking out/in, showing diffs, submit requesting etc.

There's quite extensive documentation under
http://openbuildservice.org/help/manuals/ and also in the openSUSE wiki under
http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Build_Service

Edgar