Re: [Denemo-devel] Newbie getting MIDI K/B to work with ALSA and qjackct

From: Éloi Rivard
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Newbie getting MIDI K/B to work with ALSA and qjackctl
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 16:50:12 +0100

I'm not sure if one can assume for all platforms and distros that libporttime is gone and the stuff from porttime.h is handled by libportmidi.so. If so, I think -lporttime should vanish from the linker command, otherwise the configure.ac macro should be refined to not only check for the header, but find out how to construct the correct linker command.
That's one of autotools goals. Those lines try to find if gcc can link against libportmidi and libporttime, and update LDFLAGS so denemo dynamically compiles against which one are presents. You need to run ./autogen.sh if you did not run it since it has been pushed (~December 15th)

If you can precisely tell me how to work on your very environment, I can try to look.