Re: [Denemo-devel] Newbie getting MIDI K/B to work with ALSA and qjackct

From: Edgar Aichinger
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Newbie getting MIDI K/B to work with ALSA and qjackctl
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 15:41:04 +0100

Am Sonntag, 19. Januar 2014, 13:35:29 schrieb Jeremiah Benham:

>>> sorry, I meant to write -lporttime, see also
>>> http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?40878
> You can cp the portmidi lib (forgot what its called) to libporttime. It
> should compile then.

I had to sleep over it one more night to realize that i had already branched
and modified the openSUSE portmidi package to include symlinks called
libporttime.so / .a .

Today I managed to make that compile for Fedora. As we speak the 32bit Fedora
denemo package has already been built, and I'm waiting for the 64bit build to
start (the "worker" boxes seem to be busy right now). If i've done it right, it
should depend on my libportmidi0 version, so Philip or any other Fedora users,
please tell me if that's true, and if you can update portmidi to my version on
Fedora at all, or if that breaks other package dependencies. I suspect the rpm
spec needs a few extra header tags to show that it conflicts with Fedora's main
portmidi package ...

Edgar