Re: [Denemo-devel] Newbie getting MIDI K/B to work with ALSA and qjackct

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Newbie getting MIDI K/B to work with ALSA and qjackctl - update - some progress
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 09:09:40 +0000

On Wed, 2014-01-22 at 10:58 +1100, Philip Rhoades wrote:
> - if I boot with the MIDI K/B plugged in - user "phil" can't get
> ANYTHING going at all - no normal sound with mplayer, no MIDI
> connections; root can get sound reliably and MIDI connections about
> half
> the time; I think the order of the sound cards is being changed and
> also
> there is a permission problem somewhere
I recall a few years ago having to put the user that was me into a group
that had permissions to use a scanner before I could get to do scanning.
More recently the Debian releases I use seem to default to putting the
user created on installation in all the relevant groups. So it may be
worthwhile investigating which groups user phil belongs to...
HTH