Re: [Denemo-devel] make dist failing

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] make dist failing
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 08:51:29 +0000

I was forgetting about this libaubio problem when I suggested we create
the release. Unfortunately, I am at a loss to say how we should proceed
- there is no response so far on the aubio site. We could treat it as
libsmf, so that we have our own copy of the aubio code (we only need to
build the library) for use where the external version is unavailable. Or
we could bracket the aubio-specific parts of Denemo with #ifdef
_HAVE_AUBIO_ (this would mean no microphone input and no opening audio
tracks for transcription).

Incidentally, I read that the new aubio version, besides a change of API
uses the "waf" build system instead of autotools, which is apparently
causing problems of its own.

Richard