Re: [Denemo-devel] make dist failing

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] make dist failing
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 15:17:02 +0000

On Wed, 2014-01-29 at 10:33 -0400, Paul Brossier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On 29/01/2014 05:51, Richard Shann wrote:
> > I was forgetting about this libaubio problem when I suggested we
> > create the release. Unfortunately, I am at a loss to say how we
> > should proceed - there is no response so far on the aubio site. We
> > could treat it as libsmf, so that we have our own copy of the aubio
> > code (we only need to build the library) for use where the external
> > version is unavailable. Or we could bracket the aubio-specific parts
> > of Denemo with #ifdef _HAVE_AUBIO_ (this would mean no microphone
> > input and no opening audio tracks for transcription).
>
> Sorry I did not document the API changes. I will submit a patch soon to
> update denemo to aubio 0.4.0.

That would be great - thank you very much

> > Incidentally, I read that the new aubio version, besides a change of
> > API uses the "waf" build system instead of autotools, which is
> > apparently causing problems of its own.
>
> Please let me know any problem it may cause.

What I read was on the Debian site; my immediate problem was that "waf"
yielded no hits when I looked for a package to install on my (Debian
stable) distro. So I guessed I couldn't build the new aubio. But this
may just be my misunderstanding of what's involved.

Incidentally, I couldn't navigate to the aubio mailing list
https://lists.aubio.org/ (I got an "Untrusted Website" page, with no way
forward), hence the message I left on the announcement page.

Thanks for the prompt reply - glad to hear about the development. It'll
be interesting to see how the new code works with that demo of the note
onset detection https://vimeo.com/82292569)

Richard