Re: [Denemo-devel] make dist failing

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] make dist failing
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 12:12:54 +0000

On Sun, 2014-01-19 at 15:10 +0100, Federico Bruni wrote:
> 2014/1/19 Andreas Schneider <address@hidden>
>         If you don't use that old version of Denemo shipping with the
>         distribution, you could remove that package and libaubio2 with
>         it.
>         libaubio-dev contains the development files needed to compile
>         Denemo,
>         and it's version 0.4.0 as it depends on libaubio4. That also
>         means

??? I am looking at aubio version 0.4.0 on its website - it says it was
released on 17th December, i.e. brand-new. It uses a new API, which
Denemo does not support yet.
I have asked on the aubio forum if any guidance for upgrading could be
given, but now I am having difficulties navigating the aubio site :(
so I don't know if there is any response.

>          that
>         libaubio4 is the one Denemo gets compiled with.
>
> unfortunately, ardour3 depends on libaubio2, so I cannot remove it

I have also had a dig around on the ardour site, as it would seem
amazing that they had re-jigged for aubio 0.4.0 in three days, they list

aubio   0.3.2   http://aubio.org/pub/

as a dependency. So I really do not understand what is going on. The
aubio website indicates that all the new API has been under wraps before
Dec 17th.