[Denemo-devel] Denemo fails to start

From: Andreas Schneider
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Denemo fails to start
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2014 10:13:14 +0200

Denemo fails to launch with the following messages:

   Gtk - WARNING : Locale not supported by C library.
                        Using the fallback 'C' locale.
(null) - WARNING : Couldn't register with accessibility bus: Did not
receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not
send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the
reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
Denemo - MESSAGE : Loading preference file:
/home/andreas/.denemo-1.1.9/denemorc
Denemo - MESSAGE : Audio driver is 'portaudio' 0
Denemo - MESSAGE : Initializing Fluidsynth
Denemo - MESSAGE : The default fluidsynth soundfont has been loaded
Denemo - MESSAGE : Initializing Rubberband
Denemo - MESSAGE : Initializing PortAudio backend
Expression 'alsa_snd_pcm_hw_params_set_period_size_near( pcm, hwParams,
&alsaPeriodFrames, &dir )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c',
line: 924
Expression 'alsa_snd_pcm_hw_params_set_period_size_near( pcm, hwParams,
&alsaPeriodFrames, &dir )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c',
line: 924
Expression 'alsa_snd_pcm_hw_params_set_period_size_near( pcm, hwParams,
&alsaPeriodFrames, &dir )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c',
line: 924
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1286:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition
'cards.HDA-Intel.pcm.rear.0:CARD=0'
ALSA lib conf.c:4259:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer
returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:4738:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or
directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM rear
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1286:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition
'cards.HDA-Intel.pcm.center_lfe.0:CARD=0'
ALSA lib conf.c:4259:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer
returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:4738:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or
directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM center_lfe
ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.side
ALSA lib pcm_route.c:947:(find_matching_chmap) Found no matching channel map
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
jack server is not running or cannot be started
Denemo - WARNING : Invalid device 'ALSA: USB Audio DAC: - (hw:2,0)'
Denemo - WARNING : Initializing audio backend 'portaudio' failed,
falling back to dummy
Denemo - MESSAGE : Initializing dummy audio backend
Denemo - MESSAGE : MIDI driver is 'portmidi'
Denemo - MESSAGE : Initializing PortMidi backend
Attempt to unlock mutex that was not locked
Abgebrochen

I can remedy that by removing my .denemo-1.1.9 directory (i.e. after the
removal Denemo starts up). When I quit, Denemo hangs after the console
messages
Denemo - MESSAGE : That's it, I quit!
Denemo - MESSAGE : Destroying PortAudio backend

When I change MIDI settings, Denemo does not hang any more, but on quit
I get the console messages
Denemo - MESSAGE : Destroying PortAudio backend
Denemo - MESSAGE : Destroying PortMidi backend
Attempt to unlock mutex that was not locked
Abgebrochen

Now I can redo my settings. But when the selected audio device is busy
or the order of the audio devices changes (which sometimes happens after
reboot for unknown reasons), Denemo again fails to start as in the
beginning and I have to remove my .denemo-1.1.9 directory again.

Andreas