Re: [Denemo-devel] Tooltips - what am I doing wrong?

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Tooltips - what am I doing wrong?
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 11:59:44 +0100

On Mon, 16 Nov 2015 08:54:26 +0000
Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've just made a search to see what this might mean with no success. Do
> you know if this is some bug, or some policy? Wikipedia reports
> 2013-09-23 as the date of the 3.10 release ...

Honestly, I do not have the faintest idea... There are gtk3-based
applications that have no problems with tooltips and delay.

On my system, Evince is the only component I'm really sure it is using
gtk3. I noticed that when hovering over a button, there's a small delay
before the tooltip pops up. However, when moving to another button, its
tooltip immedeately pops up. Could this be what is happening to Denemo?
Since Denemo has tooltips everywhere, it gives the impression that tooltips
are constantly popping up.

-- Johan