Re: [Denemo-devel] Tooltips - what am I doing wrong?

From: Lucas Levrel
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Tooltips - what am I doing wrong?
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 16:57:54 +0100 (CET)

Le 18 novembre 2015, Emmanuele Bassi a écrit :

They decide that menus should not be torn off, and that is that, despite
the fact that Denemo users do tear off menus if they are going to be
using them for a while.

Tearoff menus are, by *any* metric that is not artificially restricted
to "the Denemo users", a very seldom used UI element in any UI that
has been designed in the past 15 years (to be generous; I haven't seen
them past the early '90s);

If I'm understanding right what "tear-off menus" are, they are used by Gimp. Is that a useful "metric"?

(That makes me wonder: what GTK version is Gimp using?)

--
Lucas Levrel