Re: Look and Feel

From: Randi Joseph
Subject: Re: Look and Feel
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 10:58:11 -0500

Seeing how some guys on this shoot down newcomers and any new or alternate ideas is disturbing. I can only imagine the amount of bright minds that came and left. The crown jewels here are the API and language, and I think MANY people will come if the brand is updated.

As it stands, it appears that the GNUSTEP guys (and gals) are preserving some pipe dream that even the NEXT guys abandoned. If this is not the case, then perhaps sometimes you would be willing to openly vote on some ideas, like some (not necessarily all) of the changes that folks like jesse proposed.

At the same time, I want to say that what you have accomplished as far as providing an open implementation is great, has great potential and I wont be going anywhere. This is where i'll develop my free applications.

But guys, please, please, please stay open-minded or at some point we may be seeing Slashdot articles like "GNUSTEP: Jobsians or Stallmanists?"

Haha.

-randi