Re: Retreive installed gnustep version

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Retreive installed gnustep version
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 18:40:57 +0100

Hi,

Michele Bert wrote:

    That’s what the GNUstep developers are working with, and they can
    only fix issues you run into if you’re running the latest code.
    (Not to mention you can contribute more easily, too.)

And this is basically the reason why I do not participate a lot to this list. At work I develop in C++, using almost 2 tools: gnustep Terminal.app, and emacs. A little bit GWorkspace, but it is the official ubuntu 12.04 version, thus really too old to base any kind of contribution I could give. All the rest are unusable, in the version I have...

Sad but true. I experience the same. I think our project suffers a bit for bad debian + ubuntu packages: they impact a large part of FOSS users.

1) they are packaged tremendously (breaking up packages in a sort fo gnome-ish layout), but alas, that mostly works 2) they are just exceeeeeeeedingly old. They do not track releases, minor releases, nothing.

Riccardo