dotgnu-auth

Re: [Auth]Freport Update

From: Hans Zandbelt
Subject: Re: [Auth]Freport Update
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 20:08:40 +0100

> In this case, though, there's not much need for a Profile Manager; one
> could just as easily use any sort of Web page (e.g. Geocities) to
> store their Profiles which the client would go out and grab.

This is (almost) exactly what a local Profile Manager does; the only
difference is that the indirection via your web-client (which is
local as well) is left out here.
In fact this scenario is possible even in the current php
implementation: it requires the existence of a single php page.
However I don't expect every Profile Owner to have access to a web
server's services so I would prefer integration with web clients.
This is why I will try to integrate it with the Liberty Guardian
software.

Hans.