dotgnu-libs-devel

[Dotgnu-libs-devel] Re: DotGNU Libraries (dotgnu-libs) on Savannah

From: Peter Minten
Subject: [Dotgnu-libs-devel] Re: DotGNU Libraries (dotgnu-libs) on Savannah
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 13:39:00 +0200

Gopal V wrote:

> If memory serves me right, Peter Minten wrote:
> > Customary in C# is for us what pnetlib and DG-Base do, both use capitalised
> > namespaces (System, Platform, DotGNU).
>
> Well so I think the "Capitalization" should remain in DG-Base ... I intend
> to follow dotgnu.xml for the libxml2 wrappers ...
>
> > I suggest the way DG-Base handles things: DotGNU.Xxx* for the namespace,
> > dotgnu.xxxxx.dll for the file. We could of course use Dotgnu.Xxx if the
> > DotGNU.Xxx is too much working with the shift key :-).
>
> We were talking about "DotGNU vs dotgnu" for dotgnu-libs in general ...
> not DG-Base .. (in particular)

I was talking about dotgnu-libs as a whole too, don't forget DG-Base is part of
DG-Libs so if dg-libs changes namespaces capitalization it would be weird to
have DG-Base with other capitalization (just think of the aestatical disaster if
you would have dotgnu.xml and DotGNU.Net beside eachother :-). A quote from
ajmitch e-mail which started this thread:

> It will not be good to
> have some modules as dotgnu.rpc, for example, while others are DotGNU.IO

Of course if we could modify cscc to have an 'case insensitive in namespaces'
option the problem would also be solved :-).

I don't have the feeling one side on this discussion is going to pull the others
over so let's have a voting of all the developers. I vote for DotGNU.Xxx for all
of dg-libs.

Greetings,

Peter