Re: [emacs-bidi] Points composition - status.

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Points composition - status.
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 14:25:27 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> The reason why it matters is that a user might want to replace only
> one of a series of multiple diacriticals.  Unless we want users to
> remove and type the entire series of diacriticals and their base
> letter en-bloc (which IMHO would be very inconvenient), we cannot
> require them to never type a diacritical without typing a base letter
> first.

Shouldn't we look at existing user interfaces for this?  Typewriters,
for example?  I don't know how hebrew with diacriticals is written,
but for compositions in Latin-1 the case is clear: You type the accent
before you type the letter, and you erase the entire composition by
hitting delete once.

Alex.
--
http://www.emacswiki.org/