Re: Info faces

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Info faces
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 13:55:00 +0200

> From: Miles Bader <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 17:46:02 +0900 (JST)
>
> But the color
> used by Info-title-1-face ("lightred") doesn't display well on any of
> the terminals I tried, being turned into a dim grey or white.

On 16-color tty's also?  How can this be?  What RGB values are put
into tty-defined-color-alist for lightred on those tty's, and what
code in Emacs defined thsose RGB values?

> [the change from "light blue" to
> "cyan" is because on a 16-color tty "light blue" gets rendered as green!]

This, too, seems strange.  What are the RGB values for lightblue on
16-color tty's on which you tried that?

I don't have anything in principle against changing the defaults, but
I'd like to understand the cause of the difference between the
behavior you described and the tty on which I tested the colors.  In
my case, both lightred and lightblue were displayed exactly, since
those are two of the 16 standard VGA text-mode colors.