Re: Info faces

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Info faces
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 11:28:44 +0200

> From: Miles Bader <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 17:57:45 +0900 (JST)
>
> I guess the problem is that there's no good automatic way of setting the
> emacs background-mode on a tty.

If the user doesn't specify the background color, there is no way.
(I'm working on a change for faces.el that would compute the
background mode correctly if the background color is known.)

> add some kind of special hack (I know
> not what) for xterms & other X terminal emulators, which are the main cases
> of light-background ttys that I can think of.

Do we know the magic which will detect that we are running on an xterm
or similar terminal emulator?  Can we write a function or a primitive
to do that?