Re: Info faces

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Info faces
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 19:51:15 +0200

> Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 13:04:33 +0200 (CEST)
> From: Gerd Moellmann <address@hidden>
>
> > Btw, if -name is _not_ used, and you invoke Emacs compiled with X
> > support as "emacs -nw", does x-get-resource work as usual?
>
> No it doesn't.  Nothing of the X code gets initialized in that case.
> (That should change once we're allowing tty frames and X frames in
> parallel.)

Then I guess we should leave the resource reading part alone, until
Emacs can mix different frame types in the same session.

So it looks like the best we can do now is to assume light background
if we can tell that Emacs runs from xterm, dark background otherwise.
Explicit -bg and/or -rv command-line options override that.

Does this sound like a good plan?