Re: Info faces

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Info faces
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 20:52:00 +0200

> From: address@hidden (Kai =?iso-8859-1?q?Gro=DFjoha?=
>  =?iso-8859-1?q?nn?=)
> Date: 25 Oct 2000 13:45:03 +0200
>
> No, `-name' sets the name for looking up X resources.  That is, Emacs
> can't look up the resources for a specific xterm unless it knows the
> `-name' argument, if any.

Doesn't the same problem exist when Emacs runs on X as a windowed
application?

Btw, if -name is _not_ used, and you invoke Emacs compiled with X
support as "emacs -nw", does x-get-resource work as usual?  If it
does, we could slightly rearrange frame-get-background-mode to try the
resources first, before falling back on the rest of alternatives.

> `-tn' sets the $TERM variable, which is something different entirely.
> But of course, Emacs can't know what to do unless it also knows the
> `-tn' argument.  Hmpf.

We could always document that -tn breaks the automatic background
detection.  He who uses -tn can use -bg as well, right?