Re: C-l while in menu?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: C-l while in menu?
Date: 25 Apr 2002 16:35:46 +0900

Karl Eichwalder <address@hidden> writes:
> > Therefore, my decision is that we will not use Meta-letters as menu
> > accelerators in Emacs.
>
> That's a no win situation.

Well, it's clearly a win for people who are used to using M-f to mean
forward-word.  However, even those who want menu bindings may be able to
use them if they have a key that generates `Alt' (as opposed to `Meta').
This decision simply means that emacs won't steal Meta for that use
unless otherwise told to.

-Miles
--
Saa, shall we dance?  (from a dance-class advertisement)