Re: NT Emacs make problem..

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: NT Emacs make problem..
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 20:34:27 -0600 (MDT)

                          Building and Installing Emacs
                                     from the CVS

      Copyright (c) 2001 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

If we treat the file as trivial, we shouldn't put on a copyright
notice either.  I suggest this short file:

              Building and Installing Emacs from the CVS

The Emacs tarball contains byte-compiled versions of the Lisp files.
The CVS repository does not contain the byte-compiled files.
Therefore, to build from CVS you must run `make bootstrap'
instead of just `make':

  $ ./configure
  $ make bootstrap

Since this is so short, it would be nice not to have a separate file
for it.  If we put this into INSTALL, would it be conspicuous enough
for people to notice it?  I am not sure.  If people would overlook it
there, that would be a reason for a separat file.