Re: Gtk scrollbar: thumb too short

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Gtk scrollbar: thumb too short
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 08:01:52 -0500 (CDT)

Kai Grossjohann wrote:

   What do you think about the following small change: whether
   overscrolling is allowed only depends on eob visibility when the drag
   starts.  That is, if eob is visible and I press the middle mouse
   button, then I can drag up and down and still overscroll.

   But maybe there was a reason you didn't do that?

I thought that if you started at the end and scrolled up to check
something and then scrolled back, you indicated no intention to
overscroll.  Rather, it would be likely that you just temporarily
wanted to see what was "upstairs" and scroll back to where you
started.  Otherwise, you would have scrolled down immediately.

Sincerely,

Luc.