Re: suggested feature -- console-mode frame title sets Xterm title

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: suggested feature -- console-mode frame title sets Xterm title
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 15:32:33 -0400

    I've thought about this and I can't think of a completely satisfactory
    way to reconcile the differences between window-system and text frames
    in the existing documented behaviour.

A frame has a name field and a title field.
select-frame-by-name uses the name field.
Can't this feature operate in a way that avoids
changing the name field?

Adding a new field to the frame structure is ok.
Can you solve it that way?