Re: suggested feature -- console-mode frame title sets Xterm title

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: suggested feature -- console-mode frame title sets Xterm title
Date: 14 Oct 2003 11:07:05 +0200

> Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 17:15:39 +1000
> From: Martin Pool <address@hidden>
>
> If you do happen to have several tty frames open, labelling them in
> the title bar might help keep track of which one is which.

Please note that, at least currently (and at least AFAIK), several
tty frames open in separate xterm (or terminal emulator) windows
means several separate Emacs sessions, not a single Emacs session.
Each xterm window shows a single frame of one of these sessions.

This is different from a windowed Emacs session, where each frame
belongs to the same session.

(I'm sure I didn't tell you anything you didn't know already, I just
wanted to emphasize the difference between several xterm windows and
several Emacs frames.)

I will respond to the rest of your message later today.