Re: Info enhancements

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Info enhancements
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 20:19:41 -0600 (CST)

Juri Linkov wrote:

   So currently no references with the same name are allowed in the same
   Info node.  I suppose the purpose of such limitation was to make
   possible to select a reference from the completion list of all references
   where names should be unique.  But we can remove such limitation by
   adding a new argument `nodename' to the `Info-follow-reference'.  This
   argument can be transfered from the `Info-try-follow-nearest-node'
   to explicitly specify a reference under point.

Why do you need an extra argument to Info-follow-reference?  It seems
to me that Info-follow-reference has access to the value of `(point)'
and should be able to get things right from that value.

Sincerely,

Luc.