Re: query-replace-interactive not documented

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: query-replace-interactive not documented
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 20:28:47 +0300

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
> I think that the functionality is user-accessible to a degree by now
> that it would make sense mentioning it also in the Emacs manual, in
> case people agree it is a worthwhile addition.

I tested the latest version.  All works fine except one thing:
removing the space after the \, expression is a really bad thing.
This is too unnatural and produces unexpected results.

The space definitely shouldn't be removed after the closing paren
(it doesn't need the space to enclose the expression).  And I think
it shouldn't be removed after variable names too.  In cases where
a variable name is not separated from the following text, users can
use additional separators like parentheses with a no-op function.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/