Re: Removing unloaded functions from auto-mode-alist.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Removing unloaded functions from auto-mode-alist.
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 12:15:32 -0400

    If I can get a _definite_ promise that tex-mode's aliases on TeX-mode
    and LaTeX-mode will stay in place (as long as the AUCTeX maintainer of
    the day is throwing a tantrum when necessary to remind people), then I
    would be fine with letting AUCTeX merely overload tex-mode, latex-mode
    and plain-tex-mode and not touching the aliases

Ok.  Please put comments into tex-mode.el to remind people
that AUCTeX depends on these aliases.