Re: w32-pass-lwindow-to-system does not work as expected

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: w32-pass-lwindow-to-system does not work as expected
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 21:56:00 +0200

Jason Rumney wrote:

Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:

When discussing AltGr I noticed that w32-pass-lwindow-to-system
probably does not due what the author intended. The documentation is
correct, no Start Menu is opened if the variable is nil. However I
would believe that the author wanted to use this key in Emacs. It is
however still not possible, the key is tighed to Explorer still.

w32-pass-lwindow-to-system should be used in combination with
w32-lwindow-modifier. The default of nil for the latter gives you a
lwindow key, not an lwindow modifier. Perhaps that is why you are
thinking it doesn't work.

Thanks, but no. I think it does not work because Explorer still jumps in with these settings. Try the settings you suggested and type <lwindow>+e. Windows Explorer will start.

As I have said the only way to avoid this is to use a lower level keyboard hook.