Re: flyspell bug

From: Slawomir Nowaczyk
Subject: Re: flyspell bug
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 12:40:54 +0200

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 00:52:41 -0400
"Richard M. Stallman" <address@hidden> wrote:

#>     flyspell-buffer doesn't work in (La)TeX mode (maybe also in some
#>     others): open etc/refcard.tex M-x flyspell-buffer, go to the end of
#>     the buffer and notice that, for example, recenter isn't marked as
#>     misspelled.
#>
#> Why should it be?  It is correct.

Well, my ispell, using English dictionary, reports "recenter" as
incorrect. Sorry, I didn't notice it is, indeed, a correct word :) How
about "defun", four lines above?

#> As far as I can see, flyspell-buffer marks the words that are
#> reported as incorrect.

Yes, that's exactly what it is supposed to be doing.

One thing I can add is that things like "LocalWords" can change the
behaviour of flyspell-buffer. I have a file for which flyspell-buffer
works fine if there are no "LocalWords", and only checks part of the
buffer if I add " LocalWords: Shawn" definition.

Also, it is possible to notice if flyspell-buffer is working OK or
not, by looking at the echo area... flyspell reports percent of buffer
already checked there -- if this goes steadily from 0% to 100%, all is
fine.

But sometimes it seems to behave strangely, like taking 10 seconds to
go from 0% to 10%, then immediately jumping to 40%, and then
immediately reporting "Spell Checking completed." And in such cases
the buffer is not checked correctly.

--
 Best wishes,
   Slawomir Nowaczyk

One cannot make an omelette without breaking eggs -- but it is
amazing how many eggs one can break without making a decent omelette.