Re: Starnge comment in Custom Theme code.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Starnge comment in Custom Theme code.
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 21:29:49 -0600 (CST)

Richard Stallman wrote:

   They seem to be saving the current set of loaded themes.
   I don't see anything wrong with doing that here.
   This is the only place in Lisp code that does so.

   Are you arguing that this should be done somewhere else?  If so,
   where?

I am arguing that either it should _not_ be done, or the Themes doc in
the Emacs manual is wrong or incomplete.  That doc says that to enable
a theme permanently, you have to put (load-theme 'FOO) in your .emacs
file.  If you load a theme interactively, it is only for the current
session.  I completely agree with this particular setup.  But given
that, why would Custom ever want to save loaded themes?

   Are you arguing that this should be done somewhere else?  If so,
   where?

By the user in his .emacs, as documented in the Emacs manual.

Sincerely,

Luc.