Re: Starnge comment in Custom Theme code.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Starnge comment in Custom Theme code.
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 12:30:38 -0600 (CST)

Chong Yidong wrote:

   I don't know how many people are using the Themes code, but it is
   pretty understandable to me (and I wasn't even the original author).

Then could you please make it understandable to other people too by
properly documenting some mysteries?

For instance, take custom-save-variables.  We see:

    (custom-save-delete 'custom-load-themes)
    (custom-save-delete 'custom-reset-variables)
    (custom-save-delete 'custom-set-variables)
    (custom-save-loaded-themes)
    (custom-save-resets 'theme-value 'custom-reset-variables nil)

I understand the third line.  What about the other four?  What
business does the Themes code have writing into a user's Custom file?
All info about themes in supposed to be contained in separate Themes
files.  Nothing I see documented about themes requires Themes to do
_anything_ when variables or faces are saved.

Sincerely,

Luc.