Re: turn off safe-local-variable-values checking

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: turn off safe-local-variable-values checking
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 23:20:02 -0400

    I'll do this.  But a question, first: the docs for
    `enable-local-variables' says (since 1998) that `normal-mode' called
    interactively always obeys local variable specifications, when it in fact
    only acts as if `enable-local-variables' is t, which obeys only safe
    variables automatically.  Should the doc be updated?

I think normal-mode, when called manually, should always obey all the
file local variables.  But what do others think?