Re: Switching to Subversion

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: Re: Switching to Subversion
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 20:55:43 -0800

I knew that Java had switched to the GPL, but James' note is of
relevance:

    Subject: James Gosling: On The Open Sourcing of Java. Bonus: Duke
    is Open Sourced!
    Newsgroups: java.net JavaDesktop Features
    Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 00:00:00

    I'm really happy that after months of arguing and analysis, we
    finally agreed on using the GPL version 2 with the classpath
    exception as the license for JavaSE. We're also taking the first
    couple of baby steps in getting actual source code relicensed. All
    of it will follow, eventually. But there's a lot of work to do,
    like migrating millions of lines of code from TeamWare to
    Mercurial. For extra bonus fun, we're open sourcing Duke.

--
Bill Wohler <address@hidden>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD