Re: RFC: comint.el - comint-highlight-prompt and unreadable colors

From: Jari Aalto
Subject: Re: RFC: comint.el - comint-highlight-prompt and unreadable colors
Date: 25 Mar 2007 17:18:51 +0200

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> Jari Aalto <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I don't see variable `comint-highlight-prompt' (1) in latest CVS
> > comint.el. I think it should be reintroduced
>
> Comint highlighting now respects font-lock-mode like other modes, so no
> special variable should be necessary.

Ok.

> > The best solution would be not to turn on any colors by default.
>
> No.  If you have a wacky environment, it's your problem.

The default color selected is still a problem for completely black
background. Would there be better alternative to currently used "cyan"?
Like using "dark green"?

The current definition reads:

(defface comint-highlight-prompt
  '((((background dark)) (:foreground "cyan"))
    (t (:foreground "dark blue")))
  "Face to use to highlight prompt when `comint-highlight-prompt' is non-nil."
  :group 'comint)

Jari