Re: RFC: comint.el - comint-highlight-prompt and unreadable colors

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: RFC: comint.el - comint-highlight-prompt and unreadable colors
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 22:59:18 +0200

> From: address@hidden (Jari Aalto+mail.emacs)
> Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 09:22:33 +0200
>
> The problem is that many people will hit this. The putty is very
> popular on Windows side.

Then please convince the PuTTY maintainer to use a bright background
color by default, since PuTTY sets TERM to xterm, and xterm uses
bright background.

> May I suggest that the default is changed to 'bold instead of cyan.

Please don't waste your time on such suggestions so close to the
release.  The current color schemes in Emacs are an outcome of many
discussions, and manage just barely to be good enough for everybody to
live with them.  It would be madness for us to agree to open that can
of worms again before the release.