Re: .emacs-settings.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: .emacs-settings.el
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 22:14:01 -0400

    I was thinking about this, and it occurred to me that we could have
    "false positives".  E.g., project.el might set the variable and add it
    to file-local-settings, but then some later hook might setq the
    variable as well.  In this situation C-h v would incorrectly say that
    the variable had a project setting -- unless every setq manipulated
    file-local-settings.

I don't think it is worth worrying about.  The variable's binding was
made by the project, whether you changed the value or not.  So don't
let this minor issue get in the way.