Re: isearch multiple buffers

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: isearch multiple buffers
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 05:01:51 -0400

    > Let's rename that variable to isearch-multi-buffers,
    > and make nil mean don't search other buffers.
    > The value t could mean don't pause,
    > and the value `pause' could mean "All buffers".

    Sorry, this is not possible,

Of course it is possible.

                                 because when this feature is active
    it depends on other 4 variables:

      isearch-mode-hook
      isearch-search-fun-function
      isearch-wrap-function
      isearch-push-state-function

Sure, but that is not an obstacle.

    and isearch-buffers-minor-mode command sets these variables to values
    that make this feature work.

In my proposal, a different function (not a minor mode) sets these
variables.  isearch-multi-buffers will control how to use them.

Do you see it now?