Re: Why Emacs needs a modern bug tracker

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Why Emacs needs a modern bug tracker
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 06:14:07 +0200

> From: Miles Bader <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden,  Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>,
> address@hidden
> Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 11:08:06 +0900
>
> Perhaps it's improved recently, but the last time I used the savannah
> bug tracker it was completely awful, and seemed to have no email
> support other than sending bug status changes and the like.

I don't know about ``awful'' (you didn't say what was awful about it),
but at least as far as email gateway, the GNU Make project has it set
up and running: every bug report gets gatewayed into a mailing list,
and so does any comment filed with a bug report.  My only gripe is
that attached files (patches) do not show in the emailed reflections
except as URLs, so one need to go to a Web browser to see them.