Re: Enabling Transient Mark Mode by default

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Enabling Transient Mark Mode by default
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 04:16:33 -0500

    I won't bother advocating that menus and tool bars and
    scroll bars be deactivated by default, but I would at least
    suggest that the right principle is that if a feature would
    make it actively more difficult to use Emacs in the way that
    it is fundamentally designed to be used, then that feature
    ought not to be active by default.

That is an interesting argument.  But does region highlighting
make it header to learn to use Emacs as Emacs should be used?
I don't see that it does.  Can someone argue that it does?