Re: Bootstrapping Emacs-23.0.60-trunk newly broken (GNU/Linux, Cygwin)

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Bootstrapping Emacs-23.0.60-trunk newly broken (GNU/Linux, Cygwin)
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 14:16:52 +0200

> While that is certainly true, it's also a waste of time for our
> users to have to report bugs that could be avoided, and a waste of
> our own time because we have to handle the reports.

I violently agree.

> For the last few months I've been running a buildbot for the trunk
> and the 22 branch (and before the merge, for the unicode branch), it
> does a clean build every night (on GNU/Linux only) and usually
> catches bootstrap failures.  See <URL:http://build.orebokech.com/>.

Awesome.  In the future I shall _always_ consult your page before
bootstrapping.  Please keep on maintaining it.  Please add the URL and a
corresponding explanation to the INSTALL files.

> If there's interest we could add Cygwin and Windows build slaves

I'd be very much interested.

> and possibly increase the build frequency

The current frequency is OK with me.

> (the usual way of using
> buildbot is with a notification script in the CVS commit hooks, but
> I don't think this is allowed on Savannah).

What would that do precisely?