Re: Why Emacs should have a good web-browser

From: Robert D. Crawford
Subject: Re: Why Emacs should have a good web-browser
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 06:01:07 -0500

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> Maybe the most promising direction I can see is to try and make some
> library (like webkit) render directly into an Emacs buffer (rather than
> X11/Cairo/w32/plaintext/younameit).

>From a personal standpoint, this is the best idea I've seen in this
thread.  I'm a daily user of emacs/w3 and an more than occasional user
of emacs-w3m.  Being partially sighted and reliant on emacspeak, I
_really_ like the idea of having text rendered into a buffer where it
acts just like any other buffer.

rdc
--
Robert D. Crawford                                      address@hidden