Re: Filename problem in CEDET merge

From: Eric M. Ludlam
Subject: Re: Filename problem in CEDET merge
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 22:26:42 -0400

Hi,

  First, I just want to say, that if needed, I don't mind doing some
renames to simplify maintenance.  As for having CEDET not work on DOS, I
suppose that is up to the folks who use DOS.

Alternately, here is an experiment you can try.  If the directory

~/lisp

  is in your load path, and you create:

~/lisp/hack/fooble.el

  with the contents:

-----------
; A hack.
(provide 'hack/fooble)

then you can do this:

(require 'hack/fooble)

and Emacs finds it and loads it.  This could be a magic way to have
"long" file names on DOS.  Just providing 'fooble won't work.

My preference, of course, is the current naming convention, but this
might work too.

Eric