Re: GNU Emacs is on Bazaar now.

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: GNU Emacs is on Bazaar now.
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 09:29:48 +0100

[snip]

> Nor is the workflow Óscar describes as simple as it seems.  First, it
> can't be used with vc yet because he implicitly assumes a commit-all-
> related-changes-at-once workflow.  AFAIK at this point means using the
> command line, not vc (compare to the workflow Handa-san described of
> just C-x v v C-x b ... until all files are done).[1]

[snip]

> Footnotes:
> [1]  I know that multi-file features for vc are in progress, but it
> won't be as easy as "C-x v v C-x b ... until done", and the UI is
> likely to be more or less clumsy and unstable for several months at
> least.

I don't know how the old VC worked as I always was a fan of PCL-CVS and
later of psvn. Maybe it was a great convenience to use C-x v v C-x b
instead of VC-dir to see all edited files and apply the same operation
to all files or to a subset of them. But right now VC-dir works very
well with Bazaar on the centralized workflow and Dan is being very quick
fixing the few bugs that arise and adding features.

Maybe I'm missing some piece of VC wizardly that is a pet feature of
Emacs hackers and that still clashes with changeset-oriented VCS ?

--
Óscar