[OFFTOPIC] Re: About the web pages repository

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: [OFFTOPIC] Re: About the web pages repository
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 10:59:40 -0400

> On my (tertiary) TODO list is asking for (read-only) access to the web
> server in order to document the current maintenance (creation, update)
> protocol in the form of a tarball (of scripts) + .texi, for offline
> analysis, redesign, and testing.  The goal is to raise the protocol's
> abstractions and expose a simple configuration item (to savannah) so
> that each project's maintainers could choose the VCS for its web pages,
> much as they can currently choose the VCS for its source code.

FWIW, I think imposing a single VCS for all the web-pages of all
packages is a fine decision.  IOW, I'd rather switch wholesale from CVS
to "whatever else is elected" than go through the effort of designing
and then maintaining a system that leaves the option to each and every
package maintainer.

Savannah people are busy enough as it is that we should keep the
complexity out as much as possible.

        Stefan