Re: About the web pages repository

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: About the web pages repository
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 09:00:56 +0900

ttn writes:

 > > Once that is in place, we can commence Emacs-specific (i.e.,
 > > multi-year, circular, exhausting) discussion on which VCS to use
 > > for the web pages, maybe.

Why bother?  RCS would be good enough for this.

xfq writes:

 > Good idea.  And we can also learn from XEmacs[fn:1].

 > Footnotes:
 >
 > [fn:1] http://xemacs.org/About/Website.html

More important than changing the VCS is optimizing the website itself.
It's quite possible that you will not have an explicit VCS at all
(think "wiki").  The framework used by XEmacs is static and very old,
and a PITA to work with.  At the time it was chosen it was plausible,
but today there are much better alternatives.