Re: How to restore the layout?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: How to restore the layout?
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 17:22:18 +0200

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 4:51 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> It is not necessary, although it is desirable.

I clearly disagree.

> Which means if it's too damn hard, don't bother, just punt and display
> a message. Therefore, customization will not help here, because what's
> it gonna tell you? "try harder"?

If you assume that it won't work, of course customization doesn't make
sense. As I assume that it will work in many cases, the option I'm
suggesting to offer is "Do you want to try to restore frame sizes &
positions, even if not guaranteed to work on 100% of cases, or are you
happy with letting the window manager destr... rearrange things for
you?".