Re: VC mode and git

From: Allen S. Rout
Subject: Re: VC mode and git
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 15:19:53 -0400

On 03/27/2015 03:03 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> I posted earlier 2 workflows I routinely use that are clear candidates
> for "C-x v v".

It might be most useful, and generate the least additional heat, to just
let people who want to use Git as Git be happy in magit-land.   It's
clearly superior to vc.el in a long list of ways.

Richard can articulate that what he wants is to work with git in a
manner that doesn't differ from what he's been doing for *handwave*
time.  A formula to let him bend vc.el into that shape should satisfy
him, and anyone else who wants to ignore the differences.

Paradigms shift when the existing professors retire.

- Allen S. Rout