Re: RCS, again: another removed functionality: undo last-checkin

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: RCS, again: another removed functionality: undo last-checkin
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 00:01:24 +0300

On 10/01/2015 11:38 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

The degree of sub-optimality is so small here that I can hardly see
it.

The degree of habit-breaking must be tiny as well. Like you say, the keys are close.

I didn't say more than I said above.  If "CVS-like workflow" is not
detailed enough, I can elaborate.

We already have vc-next-action working for Git. And if you mean a bound-branch-like workflow, then as we've discussed a while ago, implementing it is not tenable.

Adding vc-commit was Stefan's idea, so he should answer that.  I just
said that if having that command will make someone happier, it's an
easy job.

I'm pretty sure that no one here just wants to have a command that has a "checkin" or "commit" in its name.

For me, having a singular purpose makes it easier to implement features like "amend" on top of it. When called with a prefix, for instance.

It would make it easier to use as well.