Re: [Emacs-diffs] feature/integrated-elpa 4f6df43 15/23: README added

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] feature/integrated-elpa 4f6df43 15/23: README added
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2016 21:30:03 +0100

Drew Adams <address@hidden> writes:
> I would also like to find the Lisp sources distributed with
> Emacs (meaning at least those that have been distributed
> in the past and are still part of Emacs) still all under
> .../lisp/.
>
> If "under the covers" means only that I do not need to
> invoke package.el functions directly, but it also means that
> I cannot find (grep) all distributed Emacs Lisp files living
> peacefully under .../lisp/, that does not leave me a happy
> camper, a priori.
>
> I've been clear, I think, that I do not want to _need_ to
> use package.el.  Myself.  As a user.  AND I would like to
> just grep .../lisp/ and its subdirs, to find Emacs Lisp code.
> That's all.  To me, the latter is part of not needing to
> use package.el.

Yes, I agree, that greping ./lisp is convienient. My current proposed
directory structure would change this -- you'd have to grep the
top-level directory which includes lots of other stuff. From a normal
user perspective with an installed Emacs the directory above lisp
includes etc.

I will investigate moving my "package" directory into "./lisp/". It will
complicate the build somewhat, but it can be done.

Phil