RE: poplife-mode

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: poplife-mode
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 15:40:49 -0800 (PST)

> > You can incorporate any existing menus you want, with `mouse3.el'.
> >
> > See how the current major-mode menu is incorporated, for example.
> > Or the menu-bar menus (all of them, under a menu `Menu Bar', when
> > the menu-bar itself is not visible).
> >
> > To incorporate an existing menu, all you need is its keymap.
>
> I want to pop a keymap that is created dynamically such for directory
> listing.  To do so, functions that return keymap should be evaluated
> sequentially.

That shouldn't be hard to do with `mouse3.el'.  Perhaps
it is enough to add a clause to the `cond' in function
`mouse3-region-popup-custom-entries'.

That function iterates over the value of option
`mouse3-region-popup-entries'.  Currently it expects
an entry to be a keymap, a keymap variable, or
(SYMBOL menu-item NAME MENU-KEYMAP . KEYWORDS) or
(SYMBOL NAME . MENU-KEYMAP), with MENU-KEYMAP being a
keymap variable.

Adding a `cond' clause that checks for a function, and
invokes it to get the actual entry to test, might be
all that's needed.